7 tips to make your kids drink more
Posted by Michael from dream2buy.com on
Compared with sweet drinks, many children don't like to drink tasteless water. Although drinking more water is very important for good health, it is difficult for many parents to force their children to drink water. So, how can we get our kids to drink enough water every day?
- How much water does the child drink?
The recommended daily total water for children of different ages is:
- 0-6 months, 700 ml
- 7-12 months, 800 ml
- 1-3 years old, 1300 ml
- 4-6 years old, 1600 ml
- 7-10 years old, 1800 ml
- 11-13 years old, male 2300 ml, female 2000 ml
- 14-17 years old, male 2500 ml, female 2200 ml
In fact, the "total amount of water needed every day" here contains water from food and drinking water, not the amount your child needs to drink every day.
For example, for children aged 2-5 years, the total daily intake of water (i.e., drinking water and diet soup, milk, etc.) is 1300-1600 ml, then the daily amount of water should be subtracted from the diet soup, milk and so on.
Specifically, we can determine whether your child has enough water by looking at the number of times he or she urinates and how much he or she urinates. Generally 2-3 years old children urinate about 500-600 ml per day, urinating about 10-12 times a day. Children aged 4-5 urinate about 600 ml per day and 8-10 times a day.
For children between 12 and 24 months of age, there is no standard for how much water they should drink each day. If your child urinates every 3 to 4 hours, the color of urination is light and the smell is not strong, it means that the amount of drinking water is sufficient.
For babies within six months, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) recommends not giving him extra water, as the baby can get the water he needs from breast milk or formula. After 6 months, you can pour a small amount of water into a cup to feed your baby, but don't force him to drink it, and don't worry if he refuses to drink water, as he may prefer to get the water he needs by feeding frequently.
In particular, the above amount of water is in mild climate conditions and mild physical activity premise, if the weather is hot or children sweat more when exercise, should appropriately increase the amount of drinking water.
In addition, if your child is sick, such as a fever, or vomiting or diarrhea, they will need to drink more water.
- Children should not drink or drink less of these drinks
Water is safe and hygienic, and easy to obtain, neither increases energy intake, nor causes excessive sugar, is the most suitable drink for children.
Sugary drinks such as cola and fruit juice drinks, if consumed in large quantities, increase their risk of tooth decay and obesity, and are therefore not recommended.
As for coffee and tea, because it contains caffeine, easy to affect children's sleep, is not conducive to brain development, therefore, children are best limited to drink.
- If children do not like to drink water, is there an alternative drink?
If your child does not like to drink water, you can choose soy milk, fruit juice and other natural drinks. But even pure fruit juices that look healthy are not free to drink.
The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has issued new guidelines for infants and young children to drink juice, which recommends not giving fruit juice to infants under the age of 1, whether pure or not. Children over 1 year old should also drink a limited amount of juice.
Children between 1 and 3 years of age: The amount of juice you drink per day is limited to 4 ounces (about 120 ml).
Children between 4 and 6 years of age: The amount of juice you drink per day is limited to 4-6 ounces (about 120-180 ml).
Children between 7 and 18 years of age: The amount of juice you drink per day is limited to 8 ounces (about 240 ml).
- How to let children love to drink water?
If you want your child to drink plenty of water, parents can try these practices:
- Choose a brightly colored or cute-shaped cup for your child.
- If your child doesn't like the taste of water, you can add a little lemon, lime, etc. to the water.
- Show your child pictures or videos of cartoon characters drinking water, or encourage them to drink with other children.
- Play a drinking game with your child, such as who finishes drinking first.
- Put the cup filled with water in a few prominent positions to make it easy for your child to access.
- Try to feed your child water when he wakes up or plays.
- When your child drinks water, give your child praise or material reward.
- Pleasepay attention to these matters
Because the child's stomach capacity is small, drink water in small amounts more than once (e.g. 2-3 times each in the morning and afternoon).
Children should drink water between meals, should not drink a lot of water before eating, so as not to fill the stomach capacity, dilute stomach acid, affect appetite and digestion.
For children, it's best to provide them with water all day long, not just when they're thirsty.
Do not drink water too quickly to avoid choking or hiccups.
We offer some high qualified kids water bottle for you, they are cute and safe, will help your kids to drink more water.
- Plastic Bottles, Kids Water Bottles, With Lid, With Handle, With Straw, 450ml ,15oz
- Reusing Plastic Water Bottles, Cute Water Bottles, With Lid, With Straw, 320ml ,11oz
- Plastic Bottles Recycling, Kids Water Bottles, With Lid, With Handle, With Straw, 250ml ,8oz
- Plastic Tumblers Cups, Cute Water Bottles, With Lid, With Straw, 500ml ,17oz
- Plastic Water Bottles, Kids Water Bottles, With Lid, With Handle, With Straw, 240-300ml ,8-10oz
- Plastic Water Bottles, Cute Water Bottles, With Lid, 350ml ,12oz
- Plastic Bottles, Cute Water Bottles, Ice Cream Water Bottle, With Lid, With Straw, 300ml ,10oz
- Plastic Bottles Recycling, Cute Water Bottles, Kids Water Bottles, With Lid, With Handle, 480ml ,16oz
- Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Thermos Coffee, Kids Water Bottles, With Lid, 500ml ,17oz
- Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Insulated Water Bottle, Cute Water Bottles, With Lid, With Handle, 300ml ,10oz
- Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Thermos Travel Mug, Kids Water Bottles, With Lid, With Handle, 260ml ,9oz
- Thermos Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Thermos Coffee, Cute Water Bottles, With Lid, 200-360ml ,7-12oz
- Thermos Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Insulated Water Bottle, Kids Water Bottles, With Lid, 350ml ,12oz
- Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Thermos Water Bottle, Kids Water Bottles, With Lid, With Handle, 350ml ,12oz
- Stainless Steel Water Bottle, Thermos Water Bottle, Kids Water Bottles, With Lid, With Straw, 500ml ,17oz
Dream2buy.com is a online store focus on bottles & mugs. You can find hundreds of nice bottles & mugs here, stay tuned.
Share this post
- Tags: drink water